Friday 5 February 2010

Documenting...

Today, I thought I would upload some of the many photos I'm basing my Hong Kong project on. I am a bit snap-happy to say the least, so would be interested to know how many photos I manage to take over the last year...

These ones here are some of the photos I took to document and draw from when I ended up getting a chance to put pen to paper. I really love to draw from life and have spent many a day sitting outside in freezing cold England on a portable pink stool (not my choice in colour, but needs = must! hehe)scribbling away while my fingers turn blue. It's actually quite enjoyable but not always practical with the upredictable weather and also how long it takes to finish one drawing. So yes, I do draw from photos sometimes. I think it's fine, because generally the illustration turns into something much different from the photo. I always like to think I'm drawing 'about' the image, and not 'of' the image...

So here they are. I hope you like them. They aren't at all arty, well-framed photos...they are more to document everything....












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...