Saturday 13 December 2008

I heart Hong Kong!


Hey all!


It's been almost four months since I updated my blog and finally I have a bit of time to give it some attention! Since my last blog I have been super busy...so now I'll let you know why...


I'll start in the present and explain my blog title...I'm now living and working in Hong Kong! It all began at New Designers which I posted about back in the Summer. I met a lady there who works for a well established bedlinen design and manufacturing company in Central, Hong Kong. We had a chat which led to an interview in Lewes, a small design project and ultimately a job as a Graduate Designer (which I am absolutely loving!)


So, that last couple of months have been quite hectic for me...I've had to condense my life down to one (very big) suitcase and leave all of my friends and family for what could quite some time. It was definately a big step but I am very pleased that I came over here! It's just great!


Anyways I've been here for a month now and am just about settled and hoping to continue with my own illustrations when I am not at work, so hopefully I will have some new work to show soon. Hong Kong is an absolutely amazing place and there is so much that I can say about itThere are so many amazing places here that I probably won't know where to begin in terms of drawing. It should be exciting though, and a big change from the kinds of illustrations I usually do.


I think that's it for now...I'll leave you with a few of my pics and hopefully I'll have some more news soon!


Bye for now!


Victoria Peak

Macau (technically not Hong Kong!)


Out to Sea on a Junk Boat




Botanical Gardens



Bird Market

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...